502/00 Charging Problem

Více
11.02.2010, 12:51 #1 od Wonky
Odpověděl Wonky pro téma 502/00 Charging Problem
I have written to Magneton, AUV, the person on the plexi site who says he restores regulators, and the person who makes small circuit boards for the regulator to replace the older analog pieces. But I have received nothing in reply.

I have just spoken to a man called Mike Hutchins of Manor Technology in England. He manufactures digital voltage regulators for classic cars and motorbikes. He has a regulator designed for use with dynastart. But, sadly, it is designed for negative ground only. He can do a batch of between 10-20 minimum with positive ground. The cost would be 66GBP or about 75 Euro I think. This would give good, consistent voltage back to the battery within flooding back to the dyno. If you are interested you can see his website (www.dynamoregulators.com/dvr2-series.htm). If we could get at least 10 orders I think it would be a sensible price. Otherwise it would be expensive. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Mark

Prosím Přihlásit se nebo Vytvořit účet připojte se ke konverzaci.

Více
27.01.2010, 20:23 #2 od alda
Odpověděl alda pro téma 502/00 Charging Problem
If you have good starter contactor, you can buy this electronical voltage regulator. dobijeni.webpark.cz Electronical regulator is montage instead of the original regulator. You have to only a little modify electrical connections. Producer sends you of course instructions and new schema.

pavel_v

Více
27.01.2010, 14:37 #3 od čuba
Odpověděl čuba pro téma 502/00 Charging Problem
I am still having a problem to find a voltage regulator for my Cezeta 502/00. I found one online for sale but the seller in Germany took my money and sent me nothing in return. I have heard there is a company there called AEV that might make such a regulator but I do no know where to buy such a thing. do any of you know where I could buy a new voltage regulator? This is the only thing remaining to do to complete my scooter!

thanks!
Mark

Více
30.11.2009, 21:30 #4 od čuba
Well, the good news is that the dynastart is producing 17 volts. the bad news is that my regulator is producing nothing back to the battery. we tried a yamaha RD200 regulator but it did the same thing. So I hope to find either a new Magneton regulator or an AEV regulator if that is possible. Does anyone know where to get an AEV regulator? I wrote to AEV but maybe they cannot understand my email?

Mark

Více
29.11.2009, 14:17 #5 od čuba
Hello!

Good news, I removed, cleaned and reattached the neutral switch. i think the inside tip is wearing after time. but after tightening the switch very hard it now works. The contact with the bulb in the light housing is not so good so i must improve that connection. As for the speedometer cable connection, will need to remove the left cover of the motor to expose the inside of the speedometer connection. I think this is quite involved.
My priority right now is to get the electrical system to fully function. I have replaced my Dynastart with a new, old stok piece and it seems to work perfectly well. It starts easily and runs ok and the bottom post shows output of 12-16 volt and I believe this is the supply from the dynamo to the regulator box. Sadly, there is still not charge coming from the regulator to the battery. Later today we will test using a Yamaha RD200 regulator/relay box as a direct replacement for the original PAL/Magneton regulator to see if this works. I have also found online another Magneton regulator box but I do not know when this part will arrive here. I think a solution to the charging problem will be found soon.
Once this is done I can close the right side of the motor. Then I will open the left side of the motor to try to resolve the speedometer cable connection.

Thank you for the invitation, we will do our best to make a trip there this coming summer. I think Larissa will be on the Cezeta and I will be on The Phantom (www.thep0hantom.co.uk).

• Miro
24.11.2009, 20:59 #6 od Miro
Odpověděl Miro pro téma 502/00 Charging Problem
Mark,
We invite you and your wife to Cezeta event. Of course on the Cezeta :-).

Testing of neutral light:
Disconnect cable from the neutral switch ont the engine. Put the cable on the body of engine. The light must turn on. Is the light on?

Sorry, with the speedometer I am understand. Pleas, make a few photos for explanation.

Vygenerováno za 0.095 sekund

Vložit na stránky

Kontakty

Předseda Skútr klubu Čezeta:

Jitka Papežová
jitka@skutrklub.cz

Administrátor stránek:

Miroslav Gerža
admin@skutrklub.cz

Přihlášení

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!

Sign in to your account