502/00 Charging Problem

Více
23.11.2009, 10:04 #7 od čuba
Odpověděl čuba pro téma 502/00 Charging Problem
Hello,
I thought I would give an update. Thaqnks to the help of Miro, Jindrich, and some other helpful people I have contacted through the British Vintage Motor Scooter Club, I think I am getting close to solving the remaining problems with my 502 Cezeta.

After a lot of work and testing it seems that my dynastart, though able to start my machine, was unable to send back any charge for the battery. I am in the process of replacing this dynastart with a new, old-stock part. I will let you know how this goes.
I am suspicious that the regulator is also possibly at fault so I have been told to acquire an old Yamaha RD200 regulator as this will work as a replacement for my PAL regulator until I can someday find a direct replacement.

My neutral light switch does not seem to be working so I am trying to learn how to remove, service/replace this part. If you have advice on how to do this please let me know!

Finally, I am concerned about the speedometer connection. I had the bezel replaced on my old speedometer (tachometyr) and now it is fit into the machine and is ready to work. I have attached the cable to the speedometer and I assume that the other end is to be attached to the connection at the front of the motor? There was a long, thin bolt in this connector on the motor. I removed this and attached the cable but the center part of the cable does not seem to be engaged in any mechanism in the motor. I am worried that this connector is not the correct one for the this cable, or that it is not functioning. Again, any advice on this is appreciated!
I hope to have all repairs made in time for riding in the Spring. I would love to come out to Czech Republic next Summer with my wife for a visit. Is there a good time to come for weather and maybe a Cezeta event?

Mark

Prosím Přihlásit se nebo Vytvořit účet připojte se ke konverzaci.

Více
13.10.2009, 09:18 #8 od čuba
OK, I have connected the warning lights correctly. For some reason unkown yet, the neutral light does not work. i fear that the neutral switch might be to blame. The ignition light works, but it is not good news. When I put in the key the light goes on as it should. But as the engine starts the light dims but is still lit. if i increase the engine revolutions the light gets dimmer.....but then gets brighter at higher revolutions. it seems my dynastart is not charging sufficiently. Any ideas of how I might fix this?

oh, you can see photos of my cezeta at: www.flickr.com/photos/23447982@N06/

• yellow7431
01.10.2009, 16:37 #9 od yellow7431
Odpověděl yellow7431 pro téma 502/00 Charging Problem
Hello, the other wire signalize when the scooter is charging the battery. If you put the key into the ignition box, the light should go on and if you add some revolution the light should go off as it is charging the battery. From these three wires, if I am correct, one is going into neutral, one into the ignition box and one into the Magneton (regulation relay? - do not know how name it in english). Do you have the electrical drawings?

Více
01.10.2009, 14:57 #10 od čuba
Warning lights I mean the two lights below the handlebar. I think one is meant to be the neutral light. What is the other light? There are three wires -- one has power when the key is inserted into the ignition box, the other two have no power. One comes from the neutral light. I do not know what the other wire is from.
So am I correct that the power is attached to the outside of the bulbs and the ground wires go to the center points as they are grounded?

• Miro
29.09.2009, 13:30 #11 od Miro
Odpověděl Miro pro téma 502/00 Charging Problem
1. Charging indicator light must going after incrementation rotation speed to OFF. YES or NO?
2.3. After new carburettor buy.
4. Spark timing - 3,5mm before top dead centre (TDC)
5. Warning lights? If you means direction lights, then 12V/15W or 12V/21W
6. When in neutral, send the sensor EARTH.

Oil - all todays oils for two strokes. Ratio in running-up 1:30, after 1:50.

Více
29.09.2009, 10:06 #12 od čuba
Sorry, one more question: what is the correct ratio of oil to fuel? I am using a modern two-stroke oil.

Vygenerováno za 0.105 sekund

Vložit na stránky

Kontakty

Předseda Skútr klubu Čezeta:

Jitka Papežová
jitka@skutrklub.cz

Administrátor stránek:

Miroslav Gerža
admin@skutrklub.cz

Přihlášení

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!

Sign in to your account